In a blender put:
1 can of drained chick peas (425g) – You can choose to use fresh chick peas, soaked and cooked x 1 cup instead
2 tbsp Tahini
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp Salt (celtic sea salt best for you!)
2 tsp Ground Cumin
1/3 cup lemon juice
Pinch of Cayenne pepper
2 cloves of crushed garlic (or more/less to taste)
Blend until fine-scraping down sides. Chill and enjoy with veggie sticks (carrot, cucumber, broccoli etc) or crackers.
1 serving of Hommus Dip-as above
2 medium Beetroots
1 tbsp caraway seeds
1 tsp ground coriander
juice of half an orange
pinch of sea salt
Peel and cut beetroots into cubes. Mix the spices and orange juice and poor over beetroot then place on an oven tray. Bake at 150 degrees until tender. Allow to cool and blend with hommus.
Other Snack ideas:
- Fruit (apple/pear/mandarin/banana/orange/kiwi’s etc…)
- Carrot, celery, broccoli or cauliflower with light cream or cottage cheese
- Low fat yogurt/fruit and nuts
- High- protein fruit/nut/grain bar
- Vegetable juice
- Nuts (limit these and make sure they are raw/unsalted) & Dried fruit mix.
- You can keep these in a zip-lock bag at work or in the car so you don’t get ravenous.
- Baked beans (salt reduced)
- Smoothie or protein shake. Use high quality protein powder (see me for more details).
- Salmon or Tuna with avocado on wholegrain crackers
Tell us your ideas- Do you have any good ideas we might have missed. Share them with us and we will share them with others……